Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am on a mission ...

...to declutter and organize our house.

I was one of those kids with a messy room.

My personality is one suited to build ups of mess, then big cleanouts.

That does not work in a smallish house with four kids in it.

Since baby arrived and homeschool began things have deteriorated BADLY. And now my kitchen is being fiddled with by builders with big heavy hammers, the floor is filthy cement, there are vegetables in the laundry and the microwave is on the dining room table. The mess has suddenly started to bother me.

I MUST be organized, and I must be ruthless with clutter.

And besides that, I WANT to have less around us. I think it's healthier. Less stress, less mess.

BUT ... I want it all cleaned up and organized NOW!

Not an option with my current lifestyle, which includes baby, building and homeschooling.

So I have a list of areas (I couldn't believe how many areas I could come up with!) and I am going to clean out at least one every day. I am, I am, I am.

I've already ticked off my dressing table drawer and the kids' books. And I do love me a good ticked off list!

Watch this space. I might even get my camera back from my mom's house and do some before and after photos. The one of the garage will be amazingly impressive, because at the moment it is a black hole of trash. And tools and lawnmowers and bikes. And a huge aircon unit. And 4 enormous empty paint buckets. And quite possibly a few kilograms of plain old dirty dust, spread over most of the surfaces. And perhaps some cockroaches.

It's gonna change.

YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment