Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Some Sewing

I made Miss J a nightie



using this pattern .


It's a rather ancient pattern I found in my Mom's sewing drawer. On it are my granny's notes from when she made it for my cousin who is now 43! It's size 9 - 10 and it fits my still six year old girl.  I used some pink flannel which has been very disappointing - it is already pilling horribly. You never know with flannel! There will be bolts of it in the shop, all the same price. Some will still look good after years and the rest looks like a rag in a few days.

Miss J looks like something out of the 19th century. She just needs a candlestick and a nightcap. It reminds me of Anne of Green Gables, pining for puffy sleeves! But she chose it and she loves it! And increasingly I am realizing that my one and only little girl will not want to wear pink puffy home made things for much longer and I must make the most of it while I can :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment